VoltaPure is dedicated to developing electric-field-assisted technologies for water treatment and air purification.
Competitions & Awards
- 2022, CRIDC Innovation Competition ($1000), GT VentureLab, News
- 2021, NSF I-CORPS Award ($50,000) for Customer Discovery, Video
- 2021, First CEE Entrepreneurial Impact Competition Zeitlin Prize Winner ($5,000), Georgia Tech, Recording, News
- 2020, Water Tech Hub Challenge Finalist, The Water Council
- 2020, Call For Engineering Action: Concept Pitch Event, National Academy of Engineering, Recording
Relevant patent applications
- Jianfeng Zhou, Fang Yang, Yuxiong Huang, Wenbo Ding, and Xing Xie. Smartphone-powered efficient water disinfection at the point of use. npj Clean Water, 2020, 3(1): 1-9.
- Jianfeng Zhou, Ting Wang, and Xing Xie. Locally Enhanced Electric Field Treatment (LEEFT) Promotes the Performance of Ozonation for Bacterial Inactivation by Disrupting Cell Membrane. Environmental Science & Technology, 2020, 54(21): 14017-14025.
- Jianfeng Zhou, Ting Wang, Wensi Chen, Beichen Lin, Xing Xie. Emerging investigator series: locally enhanced electric field treatment (LEEFT) with nanowire-modified electrodes for water disinfection in pipes. Environmental Science: Nano, 2020, 7: 397-403.
- Ting Wang, Hang Chen, Cecilia Yu, Xing Xie. Rapid determination of the electroporation threshold for bacteria inactivation using a lab-on-a-chip platform. Environment International, 2019, 132: 105040.
- Jianfeng Zhou, Ting Wang, Xing Xie. Rationally designed tubular coaxial-electrode copper ionization cells (CECICs) harnessing non-uniform electric field for efficient water disinfection. Environment International, 2019, 128: 30-36.
- Wenbo Ding#, Jianfeng Zhou#, Jia Cheng#, Zhaozheng Wang, Hengyu Guo, Changsheng Wu, Sixing Xu, Zhiyi Wu, Xing Xie*, Zhong Lin Wang*. TriboPump: a low‐cost, hand‐powered water disinfection system. Advanced Energy Materials, 2019, 1901320.
- Mourin (Mo) Jarin, Entrepreneurial Lead, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org